Meetings held by the CKN Committee are published on our website as a means to keep everything open and transparent. Any queries can be directed to any committee member through our WhatsApp groups or directly in email to email@example.com
|· Letitia (away in Australia)
STATS AND CRIME FRONT
- 1 burglary in CKN for the year to date.
- Compared to stats for Honeydew (which are dire), CKN is doing well.
MAINTENANCE OF AREA
JOY AND TEAM
- Thanks to Joy and the team – continue to get rave reviews.
- Possibility of an extra day every now and then – depending on what Joy is able to arrange. Uniform – one team member was on leave when the last lot of uniforms were purchased.
- Joy to arrange for uniform to be bought and liaise with Lloyd for payment.
- Weed Eater – needs to be repaired, etc. Joy to arrange and liaise with Lloyd for payment.
14 OKKERNEUT STREET
- CKN will supply a big skip.
- Joy will arrange a clean-up within reason.
- As a committee, decisions are made as to extent of involvement – see points mentioned above.
- Shaun Clunie is heading a (personal) drive to clean up the property.
- Greg Hogan has been enlisted to remove the bees. Due to the state of house etc, it is a difficult job. (Who is paying for this?)
- Continue reporting.
- Seems that some potholes have been fixed over the last few days.
KROTON PARK AND GENERAL AREA – DOGS
- Plastic bag holders for Park
- Poop to be picked up by owners
- Possibility of getting the bag holders (per pics circulated to the committee on WhatsApp group on 08.06.22) made by someone in the community? Joy may know of someone.
- Bag holders to be placed in Park.
- Dogs to be walked on a leash in the Park in order to ensure safety for all.
- Signage – John to arrange.
- New members signed up today and a number of new homes added in the last weeks.
- Possibility of sharing exact stats re membership / non-membership at next meeting?
FINANCES / CASHFLOW
- Cash positive.
- No need to call for donations for anything in the near future. However, tell residents what has been done and what monies spent from the kitty they are contributing to.
- John meeting with Harm next week
- Fuel costs may arise at this meeting
- Our cars for CKN fill up on average every 1.5 days
- Each car does about 120km per day / 5k km per month
- Cameras etc – 70% deposit has been paid by CKN but no invoice has been received for the remainder. John to raise with Harm at the meeting mentioned above.
- Benefit for all who are DOWRY / CKN members.
- John to draft and drop a WhatsApp message to all groups – i.e. benefit and number to call if needed.
CKN 25 YEARS CELEBRATIONS
21.05.22 – BIRTHDAY MEET N GREET
- Well attended at Kleine Constantia.
- Possibility of having 2 per year – good opportunity to meet and greet on a personal/face-to-face level.
28.05.22 – CKN COMMUNITY BIRTHDAY MARKET (our 7th market since started in 2018)
- Well attended and supported.
- Committee to have own stand at next market. To be manned / womened (!!) on a roster. Good visibility and another opportunity to meet and greet the community.
- The hack has been fixed.
- Rox arranging for other required work. This should be complete by the end of 13.06.22.
- Date for AGM to be set.