KEEP YOUR DOMESTIC WORKER SAFE
HINTS FOR DOMESTIC WORKERS
- When alone at home cleaning or working make sure that all the doors and windows are closed and locked.
- Do. not allow anyone onto the property before confirming with the homeowner that they are expecting them, for example, electricians, meter readers and so forth.
- Do not go out to the gate when someone is pressing the intercom or calling, rather talk over the intercom or through a window from inside the house.
- Be careful when putting out or fetching rubbish bins. Look around for any suspicious people and close the gate immediately.
- Be careful when hanging up or bringing in washing as suspects can jump over the wall and attack you. Be quick when you are outside and go. back into the house locking the door again.
- Do not leave keys in the doors or security gates.
- If there is a panic button, carry it at all times, preferably where it is not visible.
- Make sure you always know an emergency number and the address where you are in case of an emergency.
- Do. not trust anyone and do not give out any information about the property or your employers.